Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Training???

So far this year has thrown a few curve balls at me, but I remain optomistic in my quest for fitness. Yep, right now that's all I'm working towards. With only 8 1/2 weeks of training under my belt, I am going into my first race of the season, Wildflower, in just over a week. Not quite sure how competitive I'll be but I know that I do want to feel good during the event.

I've had some good training days, a few weeks ago and PLENTY of rest, no speed work, my longst run is 12 miles and that was accomplished at an extremely slow pace about a month ago!! I wouldn't recommend going into a half IM with the above mentioned training plan, but it's hard for me to say no to WF; a race that I've competed at consecutively since 1996.

Race Plan: Have fun and enjoy the day. Do the best that I can do with the "training" that I've put in.

Hair Color for the weekend: Hmmm, it wont be pink...can you guess what color???

Camping or Trailer or Hotel: no brainer...we always camp!

I'll be at WF all weekend, come say hello!

No comments: