Monday, February 02, 2009

My First Run

It has been 2 months since I've ran. A little more if you count the few days of not running prior to wearing the walking boot. It was a gorgeous February day here in Monterey; a perfect day for a "perfect" run! I began with a mile and a half around the track to warm up. My friend Claudia met me at the track for my inaugural run.

We ran one and a half miles around the track; 3 laps in one direction and then 3 in the opposite direction! My foot felt fine, however it was a little stiff from being in the boot for so many weeks. I tried to run normally, but I did feel a bit lop-sided. It was a SLOW run!! I know, I know, I'm supposed to take it easy and I did...9 minutes for a mile!

It was so nice to be able to run again though and am looking forward to being able to run consective days! I'll run again on wednesday and see how it goes.

Maybe I'll have Claudia take some photos...not like you haven't seen me run, but this way I can see my progress.

Tomorrow I'll get on the bike and hope for another amazing day!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you're blogging regularly!

More importantly, I'm SO GLAD you're able to run again. What fantastic news, and it's great that your foot felt fine.

Hooray!