Saturday, March 27, 2010
20 Weeks-The Halfway Mark
I am now 20 weeks pregnant and so far so good. Except for a few crazy mood swings and today being exceptionally tired. It's really amazing what hormones can do to a person!! Thank goodness I have an understanding husband.
A few things I've noticed...
1. My belly itches: I think that's because my skin is starting to stretch and expand. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it means, my belly will soon be larger ( least that's what I'm thinking).
2. My ligaments are stretching: When I run, my lower abdomen is tender. It's not painful, but it just feels weird.
3. I'm not running with my usual gait: It's hard to stretch it out on a run. Legs don't want to extend.
4. It's hard to lift my legs when I run: Not because the belly is in the way, just because I think there is more weight to lift.
5. My hips & waist are getting larger: Yep, have had to purchase a few maternity clothes. But thanks to some friends who've had kids, they've loaned me maternity clothes (thank you girls)!
6. My grandmother is going to spoil our little boy: She started purchasing baby items when Jay and I got married...2 1/2 years ago!!!
7. We have extremely generous friends: They have let us borrow baby items, furniture, toys, etc. Thank you so much for helping us.
Here are a few pictures: