Monday, February 27, 2012

18 Months

Well, I believe it's been quite some time since I've written here and I finally have found some time, pending Gabey doesn't wake up yet from his nap. We've started to ween Gabey from nighttime feedings...yes, I was still waking up anywhere from 1-3 and even 4 times per night to nurse, which isn't the greatest if you have to wake up at 5am! For the past two nights I've slept on the couch while Gabey and Jay sleep in our room...yep, lucky them! So far, it's going very well and I hope within a few more days, Gabey will be sleeping through the night. I still wake up when I hear Gabey stir, but at least he goes back to sleep very quickly. Even Jay is getting better sleep and I think Gabey is too! The past two days his afternoon naps have been better as well.

Gabey is saying so many words these days and even started saying "mail man" the other day!! So cute. He loves putting trash in the garbage and recyclables in the recycle bin and says both "trash" and "recycle." He loves music; he has a ukelele, piano, wooden drum and I'm eventually going to get him a kazoo...just because it's cool!! One behavior we are trying to curb however is running the dog over with his push cart. Sprocket isn't too keen on being chased around the house by an 18 month old wheeling a cart at her and neither are we.

As for me, training is going well and this past week I actually hit over 200 miles of cycling for the week and just over 50 miles of running for the week. I don't think I've done that in quite a few years. I must say, I'm pretty exhausted today though, so am taking it easy and getting things accomplished around the house.

No comments: