Monday, February 13, 2006

Together With Love 10k

February 12, 2006

What better way to start off a sunday morning than with a 5 mile warm up to Lover's Point before the 10k race even starts? Yep, I decided that I wanted to get in a long run today so I ran from my house to the race start ( a flat 5 mile warm up), ran the 10k in an okay time 38:26 which was good enough for 1st place and then ran home to get in a total of about 16 miles!

It was a cool morning and the wind picked up ever so slightly during the 10k. I had high hopes of running close to 36 minutes, but after riding long yesterday it didn't happen. That's okay because I've only just begun my speed work; so by the time Spreckles 4th of July 10k comes around I will no doubt be able to run at 36 minutes and hopefully faster.

I stayed with a pack of men for the first half of the run, but noticed that my breathing was a bit too labored and so backed my pace down just a little. My hands were so cold when we started but once I got into the run they eventually thawed out!

I ran a good race for where my training is now and was excited to win a nice pullover sweater and a $100 gift certificate!

It took a little over an hour for the awards ceremony and I was getting cold. Mom, dad and Erin all went out to breakfast while I ran my 5 miles home...very easy of course.

No comments: