Thursday, January 08, 2009

2009

So this is belated, but Happy New Year!! I can't believe it's already 2009. What happened??? Well, I've been nursing a bit of an injury...and for those of you who know me, I don't get injured, but after having a swollen foot for 8 months and not knowing what was wrong (of course I knew something was wrong, but I didn't have pain) I kept racing and training on it. I found out a few days after Thanksgiving that I had a slight stress fracture in my left foot and have been in a walking boot since. I have about another week or so until I can start running and cycling again.

This has been a good thing as this is the longest break I've taken from training in over 14 or 15 years! Even though I haven't been able to ride outdoors or run I have been water running and swimming a lot (pushing off with only one foot, makes for a bit of a challenging flip turn)! In addition, I've been lifting weights three times per week and have recently started cycling on an indoor gym trainer. It's actually nice to do something different, even though it's sort of the same thing.

I was bummed that I had to pull out of the Napa Valley Marathon, but there's always next year.

I have decided to race this year (I was seriously thinking about taking this year off) and have signed on with Team Sport Beans/NTTC for my 3rd year with them. I'm looking forward to racing some different races this year, however I will be returning to the Tri-Cal Series to defend my title.

During this time off from training, I have been able to put forth more time into organizing my home as well as the coaching business.

I'm looking forward to a great 2009 and hope you are too!

No comments: