Thursday, January 29, 2009

My First Outdoor Bike Ride

The swelling on my foot has been decreasing and so I decided to venture out on my road bike for a test spin. I decided to take my stress fracture recovery extremely conservatively, so I decided not only to not run (duh) but to not ride outside either. I have, however, been riding the stationary bike indoors at the gym with my boot on (take a look at previous photos).

It was a bit chilly yesterday morning when I headed out to meet my good friend Claudia. We road along the rec trail towards Lover's Pt. and into Pebble Beach. At Bird Rock we turned around and headed home...it was only a 22 mile ride, but it felt great to be outdoors with the wind in my face! I felt strong on the bike, thank goodness, but the wind on the way back was horrible! I forgot what that feels like.

The swelling wasn't any different after I returned home than what it was when i left, so that was a good sign.

Today, however, I woke up at 2am with a scratchy throat...so, I think I will just go for a walk today with Jay and Sprocket. It's a beautiful sunshiny day~!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you are doing better!!! We'll be able to ride together soon!