Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Jello-Arms

Has this ever happened to you? You have one great swim workout after another and then it hits...jello arms. You get in the pool and you know instantly that todays workout just isn't going to be like the others. Your stroke feels off, you try harder, you try relaxing, you try adjusting your stoke...nothing. Today, you'll just float and enjoy being out in the sunshine.

For three days in a row I felt like this. I had been having GREAT swim workouts and then I got in this past thursday and I don't think I moved forward! Anything on the 1:30 base is VERY comfortable and when I can't make a 100 on the 1:40 or 1:45, I know I'm exhausted! My mind wanted to work, but the body made it very clear that it wasn't going to happen. I knew this feeling would pass and today (finally) I felt better. I think within the next few days I'll be back to feeling GOOD in the water.

I've had some people ask about my foot. And I had ultrasound on it monday and there was no pain...yippie. However, there is still some swelling around my toes. It's already been 6 weeks of wearing the boot, but I'm going to wear it another week and then reasses. I'd rather take care of this now; even if it's another 2 weeks in the boot, it's better to be safe than sorry.

No comments: